Monday, October 26, 2009

The Facebook ruined my self esteem: A Poetry by HUGHES

The Facebook says I got no friends
but yesterday I had lots and lots, I cried!
No status, no chat, no surveys, no nothin'!
though I tried and tried and quit, then tried.

Feels just like an episode in junior high
Lonesome, rejected, dejected, frustrated.
The socially adept simply pass me by
but back then I would have gone and... read a magazine.

The Facebook says I'm not online!
Though clearly that just isn't true
Unless Yahoo mail is a trick of my mind
and I've only imagined skiing squirrel videos on YouTube

Come on, Mr. Book, I need to be cool!
and post my feelings, photos and quips
I need to tell everyone my score on Farmville
and proudly imagine they give two shits.

O Facebook take me back unto your bosom
My 563 closest friends I long to see,
I can tell 'em all the stuff that I like, then quiz 'em!
And thus they'll prove their love for me.

Whatever was my grave offense
hear my plea, i beg don't stand idly by
Reinstate me, I'll make my recompence!
Brian Hughes likes this. But he isn't sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment